Book Talk: Interview with Emma Clay, author of 'Revived by Grace'


Emma Clay is a writer who shares her own experiences about her encounters with self and her bad decisions. She shares how she transformed a life that seemed hopeless and seeks to give answers to your own questions.  She is dedicated to sharing her true stories with others, in the hopes they will avoid the same pot holes, pitfalls, and detours in their own lives.
She loves people, and her need to share this love will hopefully encourage others to find their own way.
Her latest book is the Christian inspirational memoir, Revived by Grace.
Visit her website at www.EmmaClay.com.

Q: Welcome to the Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

The idea for my first book really hit me out of the blue, and I’m convinced it came from the Lord as a gift. He told me to write, so I sat down and wrote and wrote. Sometimes I would get through twenty pages and feel like someone else was writing for me. It was after my third book that I realized that, unless I wrote the other painful parts in the first two books, no one would understand just how amazing the Lord has been. They would not fully understand where I had been, who I had been, and what a tremendous transformation had happened in my life. No one but God could have brought me through it. After that, it would have been irresponsible for me to keep to myself all that I had learned and seen and witnessed.  I am living proof of God’s grace. Since I am a witness, I must tell the truth about God’s great love for me and the whole world.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

Nothing felt more natural for me than to tell the story of saving grace in my life. Each individual is a gift to be opened and a gift to share, and it’s getting people to see this that makes my life more valuable. My tip would be to have something important to communicate and not worry about the number of copies sold.  The possibility of changing lives has mattered most to me, and I think that’s the best inspiration for any writer.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I queried many publishers, but finally found the right publisher through someone close to me. This seemed to be exactly where the Lord was directing my path. I am trusting in God’s timing for all of my books and that he will get my stories exactly where he wants them to be.

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

Yes, I developed an awesome relationship with my editor who understands me and helps me. She works with me and listens to me. I respect her. I am a weird person and my English is horrendous, but she did not let it bother her. She never made me feel beneath her, even though she must have gasped at times over my English skills. I love her.

Q: Can you describe the feeling when you saw your published book for the first time?

It was very exciting and humbling at the same time.

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

I am currently working on what I think to be my best work. I am taking my time, and the story is growing and developing in an exciting way. I don’t think there is anything like it out there, so I’m looking forward to releasing it.

Q: Fun question: How does your book contribute to making this world a better place?

I have seen the reviews, and I hear the same thing over and over from readers of my books. They say that I’ve helped give them hope and courage to battle their own demons. They say they also want to read their Bible more. To me, this is worth every humiliating truth I shared in the writing process.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

The Lord will answer you if you call. He will deliver you from hell if you ask, and he will give you something the world cannot offer: everlasting life.
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Thank you, and I hope to hear from readers!




No comments

Powered by Blogger.